Wednesday 14 December 2011

Letter to Hornsby Advocate - Hornsby CWA breaks its silence

Hornsby Advocate - Hornsby CWA breaks its silence
Richard Boultwrites:
Posted on13 Dec 11 at 06:22pm






Originally when I was faced with a petition to "Save the CWA Building", I declined to sign it. I thought it a fairly insignificant building, surely not of much heritage value (since it is not even as old as me!). And the last thing I wanted was for the council to have any excuse to delay or postpone building the Aquatic Centre. But I decided to pay attention to the issue. I learned that it is an uncommonly good example of this architectural style, possibly unique in being still in use in its original form for its original purposes. I learned that "Council" :- - are prepared to smear those who oppose it as being "political", - are very dismissive of the considered opinions of many professionals that the Mark Cambourn option is a sensible option, probably better in a traffic sense than the option the council seems determined to plough ahead with, no matter what, - expect us to swallow totally unbelievable estimates of $2.2M extra for the sensible alternative - all in all, are shown to be very arrogant, and not concerned what the community wants or thinks. The more this council is refreshed in September, with people who will engage honestly with the community, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment